IHH, upon ISID taking control of Mosul, have redirected their assistance to the Turkmeni, Kurdish and Arab refugees who have sought refuge in surrounding cities.
Of The Turkmen, Kurdish and Arabic refugees have been assisted by IHH since the first day of fighting and have sought asylum in Erbil, Kerkuk and Dahok.
The IHH teams will distribute 500 tonnes worth of food packages, baby food and hygiene packets from a convoy of 20 trucks.
Five of these trucks were from Istanbul, and 15 from the the Anatolian side of Turkey..
Aid trucks were prepared with the support of various NGOs from different countries.
- Al Imdaad Foundation, South Africa
- RAF-Sheikh Thani Bin Abdullah Foundation for Humanitarian Services, Qatar
- Ummah Welfare Foundation, Britain
- Qawafel Human Relief, Kuwait
- Al Eslah Society, Bahrain
- Sheikh Eid Bin Mohammad Al-Thani Charitable Association, Qatar