IHH has been working since 1992 with the purpose of delivering aid to all people who are in need, who have experienced a catastrophe, who are victims of war, natural disaster, etc. or wounded, crippled, starved, homeless and persecuted, wherever they are, regardless of their religion, language, race or sect, and to prevent the violation of the basic human rights and freedoms of those people. IHH’s voluntary relief activities evolved into an official organization in 1995 and spread around five continents as it established a bridge of goodwill stretching from Turkey to 123 countries.
IHH gives priority to the following in its relief operations:
- War-zone or war-torn countries and territories
- Regions struck by natural disasters
- Poverty-stricken countries and territories
- To give all needy and oppressed people the chance of a dignified life while delivering aid wherever they are with an understanding of universal brotherhood in order to help prevent evil and to let good and justice prevail.
- To work toward stopping the policies and activities persecuting and discriminating against people in order to prevent violations of their basic rights and freedoms.
- To maintain consistent values in an ever-changing world
- To let the good rule everywhere.
- To eliminate the negative effects of wars and natural disasters and to create the circumstances that will allow individuals and communities to become self-reliant.
- To pioneer humanitarian work globally and improve cooperation between countries and organizations to pave the way to the formation of a common consciousness.
- To strengthen the individuals and organizations in impoverished communities.
- To get help to the areas in trouble right away so that as little damage as possible is done.
- To offer permanent solutions by realizing permanent projects
- To contribute to the elimination of poverty and the establishment of justice.
- To pioneer
- To bridge the nations.
- To be the judge
- To be the voice of the oppressed
- To help in the creation of a just world where there is no exploitation.
- to use what is entrusted to us in the best way possible.
- To be transparent.
- To prioritize serving the people, not the brand or the name.
- To help every person in need regardless of religion, race, language, or sect.
- United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) membership of a consultant status
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) membership of a consultant status
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation Humanitarian Funds (OICHF) councillorship
- Humanitarian Forum (THF) membership
- Union of NGOs of the Islamic World (IDSP) membership
- Turkey Voluntary Agencies Foundation (TGTV) membership
- International Council of Voluntary Agencies (ICVA)
The authorities and several bodies have shown their appreciation for IHH’s relief activities since 1995. IHH’s achievements are testified by the awards that it received. The latest awards are as follows:
- “The Best Use of Resources Toward Realization of Its Objectives” Award granted by General Directorate of Foundations (2005)
- “The Best Realized Project” Award for IHH’s Ashiyana Orphanage in Pakistan granted by General Directorate of Foundations (2006)
- “The Best Realized Project” Award for IHH’s Women Education Centre in Somalia granted by General Directorate of Foundations (2006)
- “The Best Realized Project” Award for IHH’s Mobile Hospital in Iraq granted by General Directorate of Foundations (2006)
- Outstanding Service Award granted by the Turkish Parliament (2007)
- Human Rights Award granted by COJEP International (2010)
- Agricultural School Project (Somalia) - AK Party Civil Society Awareness Awards Contest, Winner in Humanitarian Aid Category (2017)